Thursday, January 8, 2009

Neely's





I awoke early this morning to the overwhelming noise of Art studying for his LSAT and Will's triumphant discussion of our trip to the news reporter. After watching my comrades bask in our fame and glory I decided this would be a prime time to hog the scarce shower hot water. After everyone was ready, and Art packed up his bag we said our goodbye's and hit the road. We then headed to our next destination -- Neely's Bar-B-Que. Compared to the Commissary, the exterior of Neely's did not resemble a Bar-B-Que mecca, but instead a small dive bar hiding in the shadows of the bailout begging car dealerships. After sitting down at the plaid table clothed table, I instantly feel like the heat of the fluorescent beer signs overhead and ringing Memphis blues coming from the speakers. I was surprised by the small crowd seated in small Bar-B-Que haven. After I order my second pulled pork sandwich of the trip, the waitress brings a basket of bread marinated in cholesterol clogging butter. Obviously, Will is the first to jump into the heart attack drenched dough.



Luckily, the heard of BBQ sandwich's came out after only ten minutes and we began our temporary crusade. Much like scientist's we began discussing our immediate observations. Art was slurping up his BBQ spaghetti which I must say was extremely good! However, the funniest food choice was the 3 lbs. of rib tips Matt ordered, which only temporarily acted as a muzzle for his complements of the attractive middle aged woman across the room. My BBQ sandwich was tender and full of flavor. But, the ingredient that made it amazing was the slaw that acted as a cherry conquering an ice cream sunday. I immediately destroyed my meal and began counting the calories in my head. The highlight of Neely's definitely had to be the informal question and answer session with Mr. Neely, one of the owners. I will leave the details of the interview to one of my other fellow comrades, but it was as informative as hoped.

As a business major, Mr. Neely state his keys to success are "keeping the recipes consistent" and "family members who care."

In all stability,
Blinky

2 comments:

Adrian said...

i like that one post because this is really good site thanks for this great great post.Accounting logo design

glass dining table said...

You made some decent factors there. I seemed on the internet for the problem and found most people will go together with along with your website.glass dining table